Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Review


Title: Ruby Red
Author: Kerstin Gier
Publisher: Chicken House Publishing
Pages: 312
Genre: Young Adult
Synopsis:Every family has secrets. But what do you do if you find out that you are the family secret That's what happens to Gwen when she finds herself unbelievably transported from out on the town to turn of the century London. It's enough to make any girl dizzy.


Review: I absolutely adored the concept of this book. There's not that many books out about time travel in Young Adult Fiction, especially books that are done well and this is one of them. I enjoyed this book a lot they take time to make sure the time travelling characters are dressed in the right place. I admit the plot is a bit predictable but that was something that I enjoyed. Gwen's character did sound a bit young/naive at times but I guess if you're thrown into something that you have no idea about you are going to sound a bit naive about the whole thing. I can't wait for the second book to come out in New Zealand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment